16.9.10

33 ans déjà

Today is the birthday into eternal life of Maria Callas. She left this earthly realm on September 16, 1977.

I invite you to read my tribute to Maria Callas from 2007.

My knowledge of Greek Orthodox practices is more or less nil, but I understand that it is customary to give alms in memory of the dead. Since Maria Callas was devoted to the Theotokos, “La vergine degli angeli” from Verdi’s La forza del destino seems fitting music and a fitting sentiment with which to remember her.

I think, too, that we can say prayers of thanks for the infinite beauty that Maria Callas brought and continues to bring to us.

Grazie, Divina!

1 comment:

  1. I have just one thing to say:

    "Io m'inchino davanti all'immagine di quella che ancora è la più grande di tutte: Maria Callas."

    Grazie, Divina!

    ReplyDelete